Dear SPM experts,

I am using a brain surface coil to do some resting state fMRI experiments. I am a bit worried about how the signal inhomogeneity resulting from using the surface coil might affect my data.

Resting state is based on the temporal correlation of BOLD signal fluctuation between different brain voxels. Would you think that the difference in signal intensity across the brain would induce some spurious correlations?

Thank you for your help,

Joanna
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.