Hello SPM community!

My study has 2 groups: high risk (n=33) and low risk subjects (n=36). I have a contrast map looking at the effects of a stimulus versus rest.

At the 2nd level of analyses, I want to do an independent samples t-test, with group 1 being high risk and group 2 being low risk.

I have 3 covariates: gender (0=male, 1=female), anxiety levels (range of 0-25 based on a questionnaire), lifetime number of drugs used (range of 0-500 based on self-report).

How do I add in a covariate?

Do I create a separate covariate module with one text file per covariate?

Example:

module/textfile 1: gender noted as 0 or 1 (n=69)

module/textfile  2: anxiety levels (n=69)

module/textfile  3: drugs (n=69)

Or do I have to create a module for each group per corvariate?

Example:

module/textfile 1: high risk gender (n=33)

module/textfile  2: low risk gender (n=69)

Also, how could I look at the complex interaction effect of gender*anxiety or gender*anxiety*drugs?

Thank you in advance!

Maria