Dear All

Apologies for cross posting.

Some of you may be interested in an exciting vacancy we have advertised here in the Institute for Academic Development, University of Edinburgh.

Head of Operations and Projects | IAD Assistant Director

The IAD provides University-level support for learning, teaching and researcher development. We work in partnership with academic departments (the University's Schools and Colleges) and other services to support students and staff to develop and thrive as learners, teachers and researchers. We also work with other universities in the UK and internationally on a range of academic development, research and consultancy projects. Collaboration and innovation is at the heart of our work.

The Operations and Projects team administers training programmes, initiatives and events for University staff and students; curates and supports the Festival of Creative Learning and other University strategic projects; supports funding schemes such as the IAD Action Fund; and provides back-office administration (admin, finance, HR, IT) for the IAD.

In this role, you will direct and lead the Operations and Projects team, manage and contribute to a range of strategic projects. You will play a key role in building staff and student engagement with the IAD and raising our profile internally and externally. As one of the IAD's Assistant Directors, you will be part of the IAD's senior management team.

You will have relevant people and project management experience, excellent planning, organisational and communication skills, and the ability to successfully handle multiple activities and priorities. The post will involve working with a wide range of staff of all levels across the University. The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships is essential.

Information about working at the University (pay, benefits and conditions) can be found at: http://www.ed.ac.uk/human-resources/jobs/working-with-us

Informal enquiries may be made to IAD Director Dr Jon Turner ([log in to unmask])

Salary Scale: UE08 (£39,992 - £47,722)

Closing Date: 5pm (BST) on Monday 11th September

Interview Date: Interviews are expected to be held on Friday 22nd September 2017

Job Details

Job title: Assistant Director, Head of Operations and Projects Support Department: Institute for Academic Development (IAD) Line manager: Dr Jon Turner, IAD Director

Vacancy reference number 040894

http://www.ed.ac.uk/human-resources/jobs

Dr Catherine Bovill

Senior Lecturer in Student Engagement

Institute for Academic Development

University of Edinburgh

1 Morgan Lane

Edinburgh

EH8 8FP

Tel: +44 131 651 4516

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @cathybovill

http://www.ed.ac.uk/institute-academic-development/about-us/staff/profiles/catherine-bovill

www.ed.ac.uk/iad

Latest publications:

Könings K.D., Bovill, C. and Woolner, P. (2017) Towards an Interdisciplinary Model of Practice for Participatory Building Design in Education European Journal of Education http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ejed.12230/full

Bovill, C. (2017) A Framework to explore roles within student-staff partnerships in higher education: which students are partners, when and in what ways? International Journal for Students as Partners 1 (1):

https://mulpress.mcmaster.ca/ijsap/article/view/3062/2770

Awarded Gold Offices 2016