Dear colleague,

We invite you to participate in a Jisc focus group exploring the use of FAIR data principles within UK academic research. Please book at the following page:

Sept 12th London Research Support Professionals
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jisc-fair-in-practice-focus-group-for-research-support-professionals-tickets-36712418833

In ‘FAIR in Practice’ as the Jisc project is called, we are exploring questions around how data is used in research, and to what extent it is ‘FAIR’. The idea that research outputs should be FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Re-usable) is emerging as a consensus on the goals of effective data management and sharing. How it is implemented may have a direct impact on the policies and systems that you will interact with as a researcher. The time to influence the details of how these high level goals are implemented in practice is now and this is your opportunity.

Background to the work is described in this blog post by Bas Cordewener, project manager for FAIR in practice at Jisc.
https://researchdata.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2017/06/02/fair-in-practice/

We are holding separate focus groups for researchers in selected disciplines, please contact either [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] if you would like further information or would like to circulate the researcher focus groups within your research groups.

Your participation will help to get an overview of the current state of data being FAIR and identifying opportunities to improve. The focus group will allow you to exchange views and expertise on FAIR principles with interested colleagues. Discussions will contribute to a better understanding of the principles and their potential to enhance research in the UK.

Lunch will be provided.

Regards
Rob Allen