Dear Group,

Long time appreciative follower - first time writer.

I am working on my PhD which is a realist evaluation of a community health committee intervention in Uganda. This was done through an NGO health programme, and as such some logistical constraints limited the iterative case study components. Instead, I conducted case studies consecutively. Thus, for my analysis each case study was analysed separately. I used NVivo and followed the lead of Dalkin and Forster's Blog (link at bottom), which was extremely helpful. This resulted in refined programme theories specific to each case (each their own results chapter).

I then aimed to synthesis findings across the case studies, which is what my question is around. I can't find much out there on this, and I was wondering if anyone has experience or can offer advice. I took the following steps to synthesize across my case studies, to look for theories that are of middle range:

I am hoping that the process I followed sounds appropriate to the group or if anyone has any suggestions for improvement?

Thank you all for the time, and in advance for your considerations!

Kind regards,

Brynne

http://www.qsrinternational.com/blog/how-researchers-use-nvivo-to-enhance-transparency

--