Hi

Turns out that gas ovens have MUCH better carbon footprint than electric ovens. the ovens rather than the hobs.
So if many choose gas UK [or worldwide] carbon footprint would improve, but How much??
Need statistics on purchase of gas and electric ovens in UK the last few years.
Have some gas numbers, but cannot find anything for electric.
PLEASE HELP
In US electric: gas~4:1

Zillion of stats on: a domestic supply, b: cars
there is a lot of info. out there on choice of main fuel for mains supply

I think appliances are also important [as she puts away her 2000 watt hair dryer and contemplates that she SHOULD have used a 500 watt one]

best
Diana

Professor Diana Kornbrot
Work
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
+44 (0) 170 728 4626
http://dianakornbrot.wordpress.com/
 http://go.herts.ac.uk/Diana_Kornbrot
skype:	 kornbrotme
19 Elmhurst Avenue
London N2 0LT, UK
 +44 (0) 208 444 2081

Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your
message will go only to the sender of this message.
If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's
'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically
to [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk.