Following my earlier email, here is fuller information about this meeting organised by the Health Statistics User Group maternity subgroup.

Time of meeting: Thursday September 14, 11am -2pm

Place: Room MG 26, School of Health Sciences, City, University of London, 1 Myddelton Street, London EC1R 1UW
For people with long memories, this building was previously occupied by ONS and the UKSA. It is very near Exmouth Market and not very near our main campus.

Dial in facilities 0844 4 73 73 73 PIN 335898

Format for the meeting:

Nicola Haines will introduce the consultation on births, closing date September 21 and explain the NOMIS system, which is btter known to users of economuic an labour market statistics than it is to users of population statistics. This will be followed by discussion.

In the second party of the meeting, Liz McLaren and Vasita Patel will feed back on responses they have received from the recent review of infant mortality statistics, followed by a discussion of the isues which were identified, including the cause coding of stillbirths and infant deaths.

Registration
Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to register if you plan to come or dial in. If you are coming in person, please gather in the foyer or the area by the student help desk, accessed from the left of the foyer, so someone with a City ID card can let you through to the room. If you arrive late, please ask at the student help desk, so someone can let you through. Tea / coffee will be provided. Please bring your own lunch.

Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your
message will go only to the sender of this message.
If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's
'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically
to [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk.