Following on from further emails, the meeting under the auspices of the Health Statistics User Group, to discuss ONS' consultation on infant mortality outputs, which closed in July and the newer consultation on births outputs, described below but with a revised closing date of September 21 will take place as follows:

Thursday September 14, 11am-1pm, Room MG 26, School of Health Sciences, City , University of London, 1 Myddelton Street, London EC1R 1UW

A map is here. https://www.city.ac.uk/visit#131144=1 As the previous occupants were ONS and the Statistics Authority, some people may have been here before.

An agenda will be circulated later in the month and will include feedback on responses to the infant mortality consultation and further information about the births consultation and the NOMIS system. If anyone has requests for issues to be covered, please contact Elizabeth McLaren, Vasita Patel and Nicola Haines at ONS

Message from Vital Statistics Outputs Branch, ONS about the births consultation:

Dear colleague,

We are planning to change the way in which birth statistics are published from the 2017 data year onwards. We plan to make explorable datasets for live births available in NOMIS<https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/> - these will provide detailed birth statistics; marriage, divorce and mortality data<https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/query/select/getdatasetbytheme.asp?theme=73> are currently available as explorable datasets. We plan to make four explorable datasets available for live births; the specification for these and consequential proposed changes to our annual publication tables are detailed in our consultation Proposed changes to ONS birth statistics<https://consultations.ons.gov.uk/health-and-life-events/proposed-changes-to-ons-birth-statistics>. We welcome feedback on these proposals  - please provide feedback using the online feedback form<https://consultations.ons.gov.uk/health-and-life-events/proposed-changes-to-ons-birth-statistics/>. We will take account of all feedback received before making any changes.

Thank you for your input

Vital Statistics Outputs Branch

Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your
message will go only to the sender of this message.
If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's
'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically
to [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk.