And, for millennials, don't forget Facebook groups.

The ABSW has one, open only to members. There is also a closed “techJPR” list, in reality writers and PR people who deal with IT.

Finding them is another matter.

MK

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jo Brodie
Sent: 31 August 2017 14:52
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Katia and other list fans

There are location-based lists too, eg ABSW is the Association for British Science Writers but there will be sci writers in other countries too of course! Here are Science Writers in New York http://www.swiny.org/

Also...

Keywords and hashtag searches probably quite good on Twitter too, for finding groups of chatty scientists.

I'm not knowledgeable about space-related lists though I do follow the wonderful Goonhilly Earth Station on Twitter https://twitter.com/goonhillyorg - I really enjoyed @spacekate's interview with Matthew Cosby from GES, also with Noel Matthews - one of the amateur radio enthusiasts who was on-site for an Earth to Moon to Earth (EME) comms event, bouncing signals off the Moon and back, and using Morse code https://audioboom.com/posts/6240780-hello-moon-this-is-goonhilly-calling-the-longest-distance-call-via-the-moon/

Universities' will have press offices that can put you in touch with interviewees (I realise you probably know this!) and various maker communities can put you in touch with tech-minded folk who are working outside academia, more of that sort of thing here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xyRw_9FaqOBtViD0Nlm_3pigDjysVKUY4bEdIYDf6PM/ (very London heavy).

Jo

(psci-com owner)