I'm quite flattered to be labelled an "overly touchy senior academic"; good
going for a 40 year old a month away from filing his PhD thesis. :)

PGR

On 21 Aug 2017 11:55 p.m., "Stewart, Michael" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all

I suspect that members of this list half the age of the two commentators so
far will consider the job offer and appreciate the opportunity.

Am I alone in finding this quite a melancholically comic late, (non-)summer
interlude - a kind of postponed midsummer’s night dream with old codgers
pretending they can’t understand the latest jargon when really the novelty
is just the same as when, once upon a time, they were young?

More seriously I find it embarrassing, as an academic, when non academics
post here and a pile of traditional codswollop is poured on them by overly
touchy senior academics, as if the outsiders are the enemy….. [visit
Germany if you want to see how a modern country manages this with ease…..]

(PS - Don’t worry Kristy it’s the usual thing here - 99% of the list don’t
put their head above the parapet but appreciate the broad range of offers
and information provided here…..)

Michael Stewart
Professor of Social Anthropology
Vice Dean for Enterprise
Founding Director Open City Documentary Festival

www.opencitylondon.com

OPEN CITY, UCL

14 Taviton Street,

London

WC1H 0BW

+44 (0)20 7679 3697 <+44%2020%207679%203697> - +44 (0)7989 401038
<+44%207989%20401038>