Dear all,

We're currently advertising for a 'Project Coordinator - Citizen Engagement in Healthy Urban Development' (long but accurate title) in the Science Communication Unit at UWE.

The role involves helping to design, and coordinating and delivering, 1) a creative installation in Bristol city centre and 2) an interactive web platform, highlighting how the urban environment affects health, how urban development decisions are made with (or without) health in mind, and intending meanwhile to gather some information on public preferences to serve as a conversation starter for 'upstream' decisionmakers in this area.

It is a Wellcome-funded public engagement project, which extends a related research project that is valuing the costs (medical/social/productive) of urban-environment-related health impacts. The role will involve collaborating with researchers and creative partners to craft, test and deliver the two main communications. We're looking for someone with a demonstrable interest in similar areas and some evidence of professional development in engaging citizens/publics. Finding someone with science communication and project management experience or qualifications would be a bonus for us, but we're essentially looking for someone with the energy, enthusiasm, organisational ability and commitment to coordinate this exciting project and to play a part in improving the consideration of citizen health in urban development decisions.

The role is part-time at 21 hours/week; based in Bristol; fixed term until 31th Jan 2019; and a grade F (£28,452-£32,004). The deadline is the 30th August.

You can find the role advertised on UWE's job site: bit.ly/2v2NuXe<http://bit.ly/2v2NuXe> (job reference: 1663543) and on Jobs.ac.uk: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BDI283/project-co-ordinator-citizen-engagement-in-healthy-urban-development/

Please do share with all who may be interested, and I'll be happy to give more information or answer any questions.

All the best,
Ruth

Ruth Larbey
Managing Editor | Science for Environment Policy
Project Lead | I-NUDGE
Science Communication Unit |
University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol, UK |

T: +44 (0) 117 32 84231 | M: +44 (0) 784 61 29778
E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | W: www.uwe.ac.uk/research/scu <http://www.uwe.ac.uk/research/scu>
Tw: @RuthLarbey<https://twitter.com/RuthLarbey> | Sk: ruth.a.larbey | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ruth-larbey/15/7b5/a24>

Sign up to Science for Environment Policy - a free news service<http://ec.europa.eu/environment/integration/research/research_alert_en.htm>

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)