Hello all

Firstly, thank you to Scott Keir for looking after psci-com perfectly while I was away at Wilderness Festival.

Secondly, psci-com doesn't (currently) have any swear words or 'obscenities' in the content filter. I filter based on words / phrases that have previously been used in spam posts. I mention this not to encourage you to send your best swears to the list (although to be honest they'd probably get through unless JISCmail blocks anything) but to point out that, as some organisations do have language filters in place, this will block your messages from being received.

My recommendation is to asterisk the c**p out of your swears to ensure your content is maximally distributed :)

Obviously if everyone suddenly starts swearing I might have to adjust the content filter ;)

This has reminded me of the delightful article about 'when obscenity filters go wrong' in which overly stringent substitutions create amusing gibberish
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2667634/The-Clbuttic-Mistake-When-obscenity-filters-go-wrong.html

Thank you
Jo
(psci-com owner)

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)