Hello all,

My name is Steve Powell and I am a newbie to the email list. I work at Lancaster University and although I don’t have a background in science, I am responsible for developing Lancaster University’s open online courses.

I wanted to let you all know about a free online course on Humphry Davy that Lancaster University will be launching on 30th October 2017. I noticed that there has been discussion on this mailing list about Davy, his science and his poetry and this course is about his role as both a scientist and poet. The course is called Humphry Davy: laughing gas, literature and the lamp and it has been developed in partnership with FutureLearn and the Royal Institution. If you are interested in finding out more about this course or know of any groups or organisations that would be interested in promoting this course further then details can be found at http://www.futurelearn.com/courses/humphry-davy<http://www.futurelearn.com/courses/humphry-davy>.

Best wishes
Steve

Steve Powell | E Learning Team Leader | ISS
Tel: +44 (0)1524 510654

ISS Building, Bailrigg Campus,
Lancaster University,
Lancaster, Lancashire,
LA1 4WA

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)