Sorry, but you lost me at your title:

The 6 disciplines of Design are coming together in October in Montreal!

The 6 disciplines of design? Hmm, I thought, How nice that someone has
figured us all out, put us into 6 nice categories.  So I went to the
website to see what the 6 disciplines were:

   1. Architecture
   2. Landscape Architecture
   3. Graphic Design
   4. Urban Planning
   5. Interior Design
   6. Industrial Design

https://worlddesignsummit.com/congress/

I am always pleased when people tell me truth and neatly categorize the
world into compartments. It dramatically simplifies life.

This confirms my fears: I am NOT a designer. I do not fit any of those 6.
I do system design (a superset of service design). I'm also an interaction
designer, and I guess a User Experience Designer. I am a member of IDSA,
but nobody in ID would call me an Industrial Designer.

I guess I'll have to seek some other discipline, if I can find one that
will have me.

Don

--
Don Norman
Prof. and Director, DesignLab, UC San Diego