Dear colleagues,

Version 11.0 of the OSGeo-Live GIS software collection ( http://live.osgeo.org    ) has been released, ready for FOSS4G 2017  http://2017.foss4g.org/    in Boston, USA.

We are very thankful for the  efforts of all  who have directly helped with OSGeo-Live packaging, documenting and translating, and thousands who have been involved in building the packaged software.   There is whole range of excellent software (DesktopGIS,  Databases, Webservices etc) available free for the benefit of everyone.

Full list of software available at http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html

Download the OSGeo-Live 11.0 image at http://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html

This excellent resource is made  available to the global community thanks to the hardwork and selfless dedication of thousands of amazing volunteers. Thank you all for making this possible. Full details at http://www.osgeo.org/node/1809

Thank you to all OSGeo volunteers for your work that has made possible  Geo education opportunities  accessible  for all . Be our GeoAmbassadors and let  us pledge and work  for open principles in science and education  to eradicate extreme poverty and enable shared prosperity for all. Please support and share the philosophy of Openness in Geospatial Science  and Education.

http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2017/07/the-pledge-i-support-open-principles-for-science-and-education-for-building-a-better-world-for-everyone/

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand
http://www.geoforall.org/
http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org

GeoForAll - Building and expanding Open Geospatial Science

Open Principles in Science and Education for bridging the digital divide

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.