Dear All.

The Quilters Guild of the British Isles holds a historic collection of textiles from the last 400 years that we are looking at making more accessible to our members, students of quilt and textile history, and the interested general public. We are looking at the Google Arts and Culture platform as a way to achieve this. I'm interested in any other organisations experiences of sharing their collection via this platform, specifically anyone who was involved with managing a project in this area?

I'd really appreciate it if you are able to drop me an off forum email ([log in to unmask]) to let me know your experience, specifically around areas such as;

How much resource was needed to achieve the project?
How much technical support was needed and offered? Did you find it to be a user friendly upload interface, does this need any specific IT skills to do or is it intuitive?
Photography standards for images shared?
Main benefits to your organisation? Perceived value?
Any pitfalls we should consider based on your experience?
Any issues relating to copyright?
Did you also make use of the gigapixel technology?
Given that we are a small, volunteer reliant organisation with a potentially limited in-house IT resource - is there anything we should consider in approaching a project of this kind, based on your experience?

With best wishes

Deborah McGuire
The Quilters Guild of the British Isles

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg