One method that fully complies with the letter of HBR’s requirements, is the following –

For the required item in HBR, locate and copy the Accession Number (see below) -

cid:image005.png@01D31D9C.174A8620

On the search page, run an Accession Number search for that Accession Number. As the Accession Number is a unique EBSCO inventory key, the search will only return a single result – displaying the required item -

cid:image006.png@01D31D9C.174A8620

Then copy the Permalink to that search. That way, the generated link is not a deep-link to a HBR article, it’s a deep-link to a search that has a single match.

cid:image001.png@01D31D9D.0FC9A2E0

This does not fix the issue with OpenURL resolver linking to HBR content at the article level, but does generate a persistent URL for Aspire that deep-links to the lowest permitted level, and removes any student confusion over the content the academic intended them to consult.

(BTW – we don’t expect academics to learn this process, although some have; we fix these during library list Review.)

Regards

Richard Cross

Resource Discovery & Innovation Team Manager
Libraries and Learning Resources

Boots Library

Nottingham Trent University

e: [log in to unmask]