* With apologies for cross-posting *

Dear Colleagues,

I am thrilled to announce
<https://www.elsevier.com/about/press-releases/corporate/elsevier-acquires-bepress,-a-leading-service-provider-used-by-academic-institutions-to-showcase-their-research>
that bepress is joining Elsevier. This move opens up great potential for
bepress and its community of over 500 users.

I am especially eager for the opportunity to leverage the resources and
expertise of the teams that develop and support Elsevier products. We see
possibilities for increased integration with campus systems, and more
access to metrics and other data from partners including Plum Analytics,
Scopus, and SSRN.

Elsevier shares our commitment to keeping what makes bepress bepress, and
supporting your open access initiatives. Our staff and office will remain
in Berkeley, as will I. We will continue to offer unlimited support,
storage, and publishing capabilities. We retain our commitment to keeping
control of scholarship within the institution that produced it.

By combining bepress’s successful products and model with new resources and
expertise, I am looking forward to better serving the academic community’s
needs.

Sincerely,
Jean-Gabriel

Jean-Gabriel Bankier