FOR GRADUATE RESEARCH STUDENTS IN UK INSTITUTIONS

Dear colleagues,

As part of the Language Acts and Worldmaking<https://languageacts.org/> project I am undertaking research into engagement with, and perceptions of, language learning among graduate research students in UK institutions.

We are aiming to collect data as widely as possible, and would like to hear from all research students, even if they haven't been involved with language learning or have no language learning background. This is an exciting project which will ultimately produce a peer-reviewed paper and policy document, and will contribute to the understanding and improvement of language training provision for graduate research students across all disciplines.

Depending on the answers given, the survey should take between 5 and 20 minutes to complete, and will close at midnight on the 31st August. If you need any more information, about the survey or the project in general, please do not hesitate to contact me. The survey has approval from the Research Ethics Office at King's.

Link to the survey: https://kings.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/grslls17

I'm very grateful for all responses, and happy to answer any further questions or comments. Indeed, if you are not a research student in the UK, please feel free to send the link to anyone who is!

With very many thanks and best wishes,
Alice

Alice Hazard
Post-Doctoral Research Assistant
Language Acts and Worldmaking
Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies
King's College London

0044 207 848 7414