Not metal detecting, but we’ve had a local Amateur Archaeology Society doing magnetometry in one of our Grade I parks for a few years, and the only hoops they had to jump through were landowner consent (although in this case the Council *is* the Landowner – not sure if they would need to contact the Council separately if it was privately owned)

Rod Millard

Historic Environment Record Officer

Planning and Transport Development

Bath and North East Somerset Council

Lewis House

Manvers Street

Bath BA1 1JG

Tel: 01225 477653

Fax: 01225 477663

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/tourism-and-heritage/archaeology

Office Hours: Tuesday to Thursday, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm

Making Bath & North East Somerset an even better place to live, work and visit.