Hi Everyone

We are currently recruiting for an exciting new post - Audience Development Coordinator: youth and schools to join the Collections, Learning and Engagement Team

Hours of work: 35 hours per week (includes regular weekends and evenings)

Contract: permanent

Salary: £23,400 per annum

Closing date for applications: Monday 21st August 2017

The Geffrye is under-going a period of significant strategic development and change. We have recently been successful in securing an HLF award of £12.3 million to redevelop the museum as part of our £18 million capital project, Unlocking the Geffrye which will create new learning spaces and galleries, improve access to the museum and put more of our collections on display.

We have also recently become an Arts Council Funded National Portfolio Organisation (NPO). Our ambition is to develop a range of exciting new learning activities which engage and inspire our diverse audiences and link to the museum’s new galleries and redesigned period gardens. We will be closing from January 2018 for approximately 18 months during which time we will offer a limited onsite programme of activities as well as an active and vibrant outreach programme to maintain our engagement with our key audiences.

We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Audience Development Coordinator to help deliver our outreach programme to young people and local schools and deliver new facilitated sessions when we reopen in winter 2019. Approximately 70% your time will be spent on youth and 30% on schools. This post would be ideal for someone early on in their museum career looking to gain more hands-on experience working across youth and schools’ audiences. You must be a flexible team player with a willingness to work regular evenings and weekends, have excellent administrative and organisational skills and a keen interest in working with young people within a museum setting.

For more details about how to apply, please look on our website: https://www.geffrye-museum.org.uk/aboutus/jobs/

Interviews will be held on Wednesday 30 August and Thursday 31st August.

Best wishes,

Janice

Janice Welch
Head of Learning and Engagement
Geffrye Museum
136 Kingsland Road E2 8EA
Direct line: 020 7749 6044

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of Geffrye Museum.