Hi Ludovica,
here's what you indicate as a necessary first step in the Userguide and I
have a few questions about it

Before running BIANCA you need to:

   1. Choose your base image. This will be your reference space for your
   input and output images.
   2. Perform brain extraction on (at least) one modality to be able to
   derive a brain mask *
   3. Register all the other modalities to your base image for each subject.

1. Does my "base image" need to be a structural image or an MNI is also ok?
do you have any specific suggestion?
2. I performed fsl_anat and the command to get a bianca_mask: I have no
clarity of idea in relation to whether I have to premask or postmask or both
3. Does a linear registration work fine enough?

Thanks,
Matteo

--

*Matteo Respino, MD*
Resident in Psychiatry

*Clinica Psichiatrica Universitaria*
*Facolta' di Medicina e Chirurgia di Genova*
Largo Rosanna Benzi, Padiglione 32A
Genova, 16100, Italia
*Weill Cornell Medicine*
21 Bloomingdale Rd,