Hi,

Yes, you can add a covariate to this model.  Just make sure that:
1 - it is demeaned
2 - it is not the same as one of the factors or a combination of them (as this would make the design rank deficient)

If your confound varies with subject then the second condition should be met, in which case just make sure that you demean the values before entering them into the EV.

All the best,
	Mark