Dear Noelia,

Although the diffusion information at each point is the same in either direction, tracing a tract through the brain differs.  For instance, if you consider a tract that splits into two parts (like a Y shape) then starting at the common end (the base of the Y) and tracing in one direction will give you both parts of the split, whereas starting at the end of one of the splits (e.g. the top left part of the Y) and tracing in the opposite direction will ignore the other split, since the angle at the junction is too great for the tractography algorithm (which is a deliberately imposed constraint).

So in general it is useful to see what you get when reversing the seed and target, since this can show you different aspects of the anatomy.

All the best,
	Mark