Hi - yes that's the point of the (nonlinear) transformation - instead of being bounded as r (-1 : 1) Z is (-inf : inf).  The closer r gets to one, Z really takes off...into the tail of the Gaussian.

Cheers.

> On 22 Aug 2017, at 04:39, SUBSCRIBE FSL Anonymous <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if I'm interpreting the results of nets_netmats (for FSLNets) incorrectly. I understand that if I use, e.g. netmats=nets_netmats(ts,1,'corr'), then the "1" will facilitate a Fisher r to z transform. However when I compare the untransformed matrix of r values to the transformed matrix, I see that, for example, r=.5155 gets converted to z=5.1373, and r=.9290 gets converted to 14.8730! How can the z-scores be so high? Am I interpreting these results incorrectly somehow?
>
> Thanks very much!

Head of Analysis,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve <http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve>

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet <http://smithinks.net/>