Dear Kim,

yes, for running AROMA you have the pipeline mostly correct. Just note that if you run AROMA it will do the component classification itself (never hurts to check though) and incorporate fsl_regfilt in one go, so no need to run that yourself.

After AROMA you'd indeed run a first level statistics analysis, but with the temporal filtering in the preprocessing turned on.

Yes, when running AROMA on a feat directory the masking is taken care of for you.

hth,
Maarten