We are currently seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our Open University validated BA (Hons) Technical and Theatre Production programme at Hull College Group to start tenure this September 2017.  I have provided a description of the course and I hope that you will be interested in this appointment.

Please read the course description below and, if you are interested, please email a copy of your CV to:  [log in to unmask].

Working in the theatrical world isn’t just for actors.  Hull College’s BA (Hons) Technical and Theatre Production course gives students a good understanding of the behind-the-scenes world of the theatre, teaching the things that you need to know to ensure performances are fully immersive experiences.

A vocational exploration of the backstage world, Hull College’s broad course gives students the space to try all aspects of technical theatre and production with sound, light, and scenic design and stage management all part of our comprehensive programme.  Students will have opportunities for placements throughout the course, with organisations such as the Freedom Festival and Phoenix Dance.

There are many opportunities for graduates from this course, whether they want to go into production or technical theatre.  With a passport into the world of theatre, this course teaches valuable collaboration skills, while its multidisciplinary approach ensures that students have an understanding of the whole sector.

Modules include:

30 credit Contextualising and Theorising Studies:  appropriately individualised for levelness (Levels 4 – 6)

30 credit Creative Futures:  appropriately individualised for levelness (Levels 4 – 6)

Level 4

20 credit Stage Crafts

20 credit Creative Technology One (Multimedia Performance)

20 credit Technical Skills

Level 5

20 credit Creative Technology Two (Production Solutions)

20 credit Scenic Design and Realisation

20 credit Text – Technical Design and Application

Level 6

30 credit Creative Technology Three (Independent Project)

30 credit Industry Development

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Rachel

Rachel Harrison | Senior HE Registry Officer | HE Registry
Hull College, Queen's Gardens, Wilberforce Drive, Kingston-Upon-Hull, HU1 3DG.
( 01482 313490 | * [log in to unmask] | www.hull-college.ac.uk

Click here to view the College's range of publications celebrating staff and student successes

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee  only.  It may contain confidential or sensitive  information.  The contents are not to be disclosed  to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised  recipients are requested to preserve this  confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in  transmission.  Any views expressed in this message  are solely the views of the individual and do not  represent the views of the College.  Nothing in this  message should be construed as creating a contract.

Hull College Group owns the email infrastructure, including the contents.

Hull College Group is committed to sustainability, please reflect before printing this email.