Dear Colleagues
Some of you may be interested in this special issue which is now available open access for a limited time. Please share widely to interested parties and lists:

Social Movement Studies

Volume 16, 2017 - Issue 4: Special Issue: Technology, Media and Social Movements
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14742837.2017.1338943
|  | Navigating the technology-media-movements complex: Social ...www.tandfonline.comAbstractIn this article we develop the notion of the technology-media-movement complex (TMMC) as a field-definition statement for ongoing inquiry into the use of ... |

TOC:
| ArticleNavigating the technology-media-movements complexCristina Flesher Fominaya & Kevin GillanPages: 383-402Published online: 23 Jun 2017Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (1324 KB)|
   - 0CrossRef citations
   - 16Altmetric

| ArticleComplex contention: analyzing power dynamics within AnonymousJustus UitermarkPages: 403-417Published online: 16 May 2016Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (961 KB)
   - 2CrossRef citations
   - 10Altmetric

| ArticleFrom ‘moments of madness’ to ‘the politics of mundanity’ - researching digital media and contentious collective actions in ChinaJun LiuPages: 418-432Published online: 01 Jun 2016Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (1048 KB)|
   - 2CrossRef citations
   - 4Altmetric

| ArticleThe integrative power of online collective action networks beyond protest. Exploring social media use in the process of institutionalizationElena PavanPages: 433-446Published online: 21 Dec 2016Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (938 KB)|
   - 2CrossRef citations
   - 2Altmetric

| ArticleTweeting India’s Nirbhaya protest: a study of emotional dynamics in an online social movementSaifuddin Ahmed, Kokil Jaidka & Jaeho ChoPages: 447-465Published online: 13 Jun 2016Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (1745 KB)|Supplemental|
   - 2CrossRef citations
   - 2Altmetric

| ArticleOpen networks and secret Facebook groups: exploring cycle effects on activists’ social media use in the 2010/11 UK student protestsAlexander HensbyPages: 466-478Published online: 30 Jun 2016Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (842 KB)|
   - 3CrossRef citations
   - 10Altmetric

| ArticleThe new information frontier: toward a more nuanced view of social movement communicationJennifer Earl & R. Kelly GarrettPages: 479-493Published online: 07 Jun 2016Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (1004 KB)|
   - 2CrossRef citations
   - 5Altmetric

| ArticleA situated understanding of digital technologies in social movements. Media ecology and media practice approachesAlice MattoniPages: 494-505Published online: 17 Apr 2017Abstract|Full Text|References|PDF (853 KB)|
   - 1CrossRef citations
   - 12Altmetric

Many thanks,Cristina
Cristina Flesher Fominaya, PhD. (Sociology, University California, Berkeley)Senior Lecturer, Sociology, University of AberdeenProgramme Coordinator, MSc in Sociology, University of Aberdeen
Founding Co-editor, Interface Journal, www.interfacejournal.net  Co-editor, Social Movement Studies Journal, www.tandfonline.com/loi/csms20#.UhvFNxumiuI*New 2016 JCR Impact Factor 1.307
Forthcoming book: (2017) Resisting Austerity, London: Routledge (with Graeme Hayes) www.routledge.com/products/9781138564565
Latest publications:
(2017) Navigating the Technology-Media-Movements Complex, Social Movement Studies, 16 (4) (with Kevin Gillan)
(2017) European Anti-Austerity and Pro-democracy Movements in the Wake of the Global Financial Crisis, Social Movement Studies, 16 (1) 1-20 www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14742837.2016.1256193
(2017) Special Issue: Technology, Media, and Social Movements, Social Movement Studies 16 (4) (with Kevin Gillan)
(2017) Special Issue: Resisting Austerity: Collective Action in Europe in the Wake of the Global , Financial Crisis , Social Movement Studies  16 (1) www.tandfonline.com/toc/csms20/current (with Graeme Hayes)
(2017) Life after the squares: reflections on the consequences of the Occupy movements, www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14742837.2016.1244478 (with Amador Fernández-Savater)
(2016) Cultural Barriers to Activist Networking, Antipode 48 (1) 151-171Cultural Barriers to Activist Networking: Habitus (In)action in Three European Transnational Encounters

|   |
Cultural Barriers to Activist Networking: Habitus (In)action in Three Europ...
 Transnational coordination is a key aspiration of activists seeking to mobilize globally, yet the literature pay...  |   |