From: Daniel Williams [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 August 2017 16:04
To: Daniel Williams
Subject: Upcoming visual impairment awareness training

Good

Afternoon​

​Would you be so kind to share with your connections. ​

We are  proud to announce our upcoming visual impairment awareness training courses to be held in

​London on 4th October 2017 and Cardiff on 27th September, 2017

Do you have questions about visual impairment?

How do I support a visually impaired person?
Is visual language such as “see you later” offensive?
How do I guide someone with sight loss?
How can I ensure my business is accessible for people with sight loss?
Does a guide dog understand directions?

These courses are intended to raise awareness of visual impairment, and best business practice in supporting VI customers and colleagues. Informative, motivational and inspiring.

You will gain an understanding of:

  • The main eye conditions and the importance of eye health care
  • How to safely guide a person with a visual impairment
  • Appropriate language and effective communication, is it ok to say “see you later”?
  • Reasonable adjustments as per the Equality Act 2010

To book your place ​on our Cardiff course please visit

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/visual-awareness-training-cardiff-tickets-35957158830?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

To book your place on our London course please visit

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/visual-impairment-awareness-training-london-tickets-35997047137

Kind regards

Daniel Williams

Director

Visualise Training and Consultancy

Tel: 07472305268

Twitter: @visualisetc

Skype: visualisetc

Working with organisations to create a more inclusive environment and customer/employee  experience for people with disabilities.

Copyright in this email and in any attachments belongs to London South Bank University. This email, and its attachments if any, may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended to be seen only by the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note the following: (1) You should take immediate action to notify the sender and delete the original email and all copies from your computer systems; (2) You should not read copy or use the contents of the email nor disclose it or its existence to anyone else. The views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and should not be taken as those of London South Bank University, unless this is specifically stated. London South Bank University is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. The following details apply to London South Bank University: Company number - 00986761; Registered office and trading address - 103 Borough Road London SE1 0AA; VAT number - 778 1116 17 Email address - [log in to unmask]