Dear Colleagues

Just six weeks to go until our biennial conference in the Canada Water
Library and Cultural Space in central London, on 11-12 September 2017!

We have a packed and varied programme including sessions on

- the story of knowledge organization
- traditional classification and indexing
- the evolution of knowledge organization in the workplace
- stories linked to sound and images
- developing a knowledge organization community response to post-truth
issues
- building narratives through linked data; through social media; and
around the world.

To pick out just a couple of talks:

Vanda Broughton is our keynote speaker on Monday, with the intriguing
title "The unicorn and the rhinoceros, not to mention the thesaurus:
ontology and discovery in the story of knowledge organization".

We're also joined by Dagobert Soergel of the University of Buffalo, NY,
giving us pointers towards describing processes, events and stories
using ontologies, models and frameworks.

The full programme, with information on registration, is on our website at
http://www.iskouk.org/content/isko-uk-conference-2017-knowledge-organization-whats-story
For the first time it's possible to sign up to one or both days of the
conference. We're also hosting a meet-up on the Sunday night before the
conference, and an informal reception on Monday evening, to welcome you
to the conference and to ISKO UK.

Hoping to see you there!

Regards

Liz Marley