Apologies if this has already been discussed at length.

As a council, we make a lot of SAR and FOI releases which involve long, branching email trails. Of course, these are collated by my team from individual officers, and we get several copies of the same email trail repeated again and again (but with 1 or 2 new additions each time).

Obviously, these have to be released (with appropriate redactions) to the requester, and they usually go out as a pdf, but I'm aware that requesters often express frustration at the number of duplications, and the difficulty of following the 'thread'.

I wondered if anyone had come up with a way of presenting email trails in a clear, easy to understand format, once they have been extracted from Outlook?

Thank you for your time, and any ideas!

Jennifer Chambers
Information Governance Manager
Southwark Council