blimey I just try to write poems -this old head spins -best of luck P old and grumpy

On 11/08/2017 18:35, Luke wrote:
Hi,

The resume was lots trickier to write into something  coherent than I was expecting. I think the whole essay is just too unfocused, which is a shame, though I'll post this now anyway, seeing as I started this thread:

     My aim is to quote based on theory and not novelty. I begin by claiming that, due to anxiety, I write poems which could be read as ambiguous New Critical wholes, but only as speech. I show how this means that as speech they can resolve into a single moment with a shifting meaning. I then add that this can be written as two layers of narrative, meaning that in my poems quotation can appear both as reified speech and not. Quotation then is superficially worked into the reified present moment, and so novel, while at the same time antagonistic with that.

Thanks for the replies,

Luke