Interested in a career in archives?  The West Yorkshire Archive Service are launching our annual volunteer programme to offer people a unique insight into how an archive service functions.

This volunteer programme is a combination of volunteering and training and has been designed for anyone wishing to gain some experience prior to starting a career in the archive sector. We hope to share our staff's skills and expertise through a series of workshops as well as giving you an opportunity to contribute to the work we do.

The programme runs for 8 weeks from the 5th October to the 30th November, you will attend four days of training at our Wakefield office at the West Yorkshire History Centre and the rest of the time will enable you to work on a project developing your skills at our Bradford, Kirklees, Leeds or Wakefield office.

Training sessions will take place on the 5th October, 19th October, 26th October and the 9th November.

If you would like to be considered for the programme Expressions of Interest forms can be requested by emailing [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  Please note applications must be returned by Friday the 15th of September. Interviews will take place on Friday 22nd September at the West Yorkshire History Centre in Wakefield.

[cid:image004.png@01D32270.43C371C0]

David Morris | Archivist

t: 01924 782 030 | e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

WYAS Wakefield, West Yorkshire History Centre, Wakefield, WF1 1JG

www.wyjs.org.uk/archives<http://www.wyjs.org.uk/archives>

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the
intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,
please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please
delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.