The London Borough f Brent is looking to recruit a Heritage Collections Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract.
We want to continue to build and develop our collections, increase access and collaborate with the diverse communities in the borough. If you are passionate about heritage, have a museum or /and archives background and want to manage the team that delivers this exciting new development then we would like to speak to you.

You will manage a team of staff to deliver an ambitious programme that covers outreach, education, an exhibition programme along the management of the borough’s museum and archive service, while feeding into and complimenting the diverse cultural offer at the Library at Willesden Green.

The Person

You will have a relevant museum and/or archives qualification (recognised by the Archives and Records Association) and have previous experience of managing heritage collections

Have a strong commitment to promoting Brent’s history and widening access to and knowledge of its important collections.

Ability to manage people, performance and budgets.

Experience of developing funding bids and applications would also be advantageous.

You will be willing to work evenings and weekends to cover the search room when necessary.

Closing Date: 15 September 2017

Assessment & Interview Date: w/c 25 September 2017

for more info please visit: http://lbbrent.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/heritage-collections-manager-585