De : Pajx <[log in to unmask]>
À : [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Envoyé le : Jeudi 13 juillet 2017 21h34
Objet : Re: [ZOOARCH] Indetification Help on Lion or Human bone

Hi Eva
I agree with Norbert - it needs personal examination.
If there is a real chance of being Neanderthal bone, these finds are very rare and it would be worth doing a carbon date and dna analysis.

You could also send it to the human bone forum:

bahid.org

The BAHID website is currently being updated to make the ... We provide a forum for discussion and promotion of subjects within the domain of human identification ...

You could also try contacting Chris Knusel  he's a bioarchaeologist based in France at the University of Bordeaux, not so close to Paris, but....

Good luck!

Pamela J Cross
PhD researcher, Zoo/Bioarchaeology
Archaeological Sciences, University of Bradford,  BD7 1DP  UK
p.j.cross (at) student.bradford.ac.uk  / pajx (at) aol.com
http://www.barc.brad.ac.uk/resstud_Cross.php
http://bradford.academia.edu/PamCross

Life at the Edge  "liminality...enable[s] evolution and growth ... Boundaries and edges also characterize the dynamics of landscapes ... environments..[both intellectual and physical]." Andrews & Roberts 2012, Liminal Landscapes