Yes Emily, there is a very considerable literature on Osteochondritis
dissecans in horses, where it is called 'OCD'. Start by going to Equus
Magazine and The Horse (formerly The Blood Horse) online. Both of them are
so-called popular magazines but you will find they are very well edited.
At their websites then look up 'OCD', order the relevant back issues, and
see the references in those articles to the more technical literature.

You can also go look through the back-issue list at Journal of the
American Veterinary Medical Association and then broaden out from there.

You may also get a copy of Adams' "Lameness in Horses" -- get a recent
edition as the title goes back a ways. That book has XRay images and