Hi All,

currently DIRAC does not support submitting multi core jobs to ARC CEs.

When we enabled multicore jobs for CMS on our ARC CEs, we had to introcude a special file:
[root@cetest01 rte]# cat ENV/MC8
#!/bin/sh

if [ -z $1 ] || [ $1 == 0 ] ; then
  # Enable Multi-core PE
  export joboption_nodeproperty_0="grid8.pe"
fi
and CMS requires this file in their rsl.
Now poking around at other sites, it seems like this is not standard, however it looks like in our setup we definitely need it.
Does anyone know if the is just SGE and/or CMS ? (Or Imperial?)

What did other people with ARCs have to do to allow multiore jobs ?
I'm just dreading to have to setup queues by hand.

Regards,
Daniela

--
Sent from the pit of despair