Greetings from Vancouver,

Here, at the University of British Columbia, we have been minting DOIs for
all Library digital assets: theses, digital images, datasets, etc for the
last couple of years.

So far, we have minted more than 200,000 DOIs, mostly programmatically,
from our Open Collections <https://open.library.ubc.ca/> discovery
interface (which brings together our DSpace, AtoM, Dataverse and CONTENTdm
repos for discovery with a robust API).

Since Datacite does not allow a flexible DOIs assignment, we have also
developed a GUI to mint any number of DOIs: manually, via a CSV file or
programmatically. More information is available on our RDM site -
http://researchdata.library.ubc.ca/plan/get-dois/

Thanks,

Eugene