Hi Simon,

I collaborated with Cap-A-Pie theatre company in Newcastle to devise a
children's play on insect senses called Six Legs:

http://www.cap-a-pie.co.uk/insect-theatre-workshops/

We had a series of workshops with parents and children to develop the play
and several shows last year.

Happy to have a chat.

You could also try and talk to Cap-A-Pie - they're doing a lot of fun work
combining research and theatre.

Best,
Vivek

On 9 July 2017 at 13:36, Simon Watt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I am in the earlyish stages of working on two new art/theatre pieces that
> concern insects- specifically mosquitoes and beetles.
>

> I would love a chance to talk to anyone who has an interest in science and
> art work - particularly relating to performing arts but also anyone who
> does public engagement work with insects.  We have a few scratch
> performances on the way in August and September in London and I would love
> to know who I should invite to see what we are making.
>

> All the best,
>
> Simon
>

> TW @SimonDWatt <https://twitter.com/simondwatt>
>
> www.readysteadyscience.com
>

> Comedy with a conservation twist - uglyanimalsoc.com  TW @UglyAnimal
> <https://twitter.com/UglyAnimal>
>

> Podcast- www.LevelUpHuman.com - TW @LevelUpHuman
> <https://twitter.com/LevelUpHuman>
>

> Book - "The Ugly Animals: We Can't All be Pandas"
> <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0750960582?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creativeASIN=0750960582&linkCode=xm2&tag=uglyanimalsoc-21>

> subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages
> (ignoring text in brackets)
>
> • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop
> receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting
> messages)
>
> Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and
> JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/
> pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print

*Dr Vivek Nityananda*

*Postdoctoral Research Associate*
Institute of Neuroscience,
Henry Wellcome Building
Newcastle University
Framlington Place, NE2 4HH
Newcastle upon Tyne (UK)
Phone: +44 (0)191 208 6246
Homepage
<http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ion/staff/profile/viveknityananda.html#background> -
Researchgate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Vivek_Nityananda>

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)