Hi all

The Women’s Engineering Society (WES) has an amazing number of role model profiles ranging from legends such as Dorothee Pullinger, Amy Johnson, Caroline Haslett to Daphne Jackson and newer magnificent women such as Romy Agrawal and many role models who are just engineers doing a job they enjoy.

Our lists will also include, eventually, many of the Top 50 women in engineering award sinners – 50 from 2016 and 50 this year, as the WE50 is a WES award very kindly supported by the Daily Telegraph and celebrated on INWED. Unfortunately yes, the supplement is not available on line, but the list is here: http://www.inwed.org.uk/top-50-women-in-engineering.html

We have just re-done our website (see wes.org.uk) and our role models are very visible on this. Our intention is that all will be available to find on our website but we are not quite there yet. Have a look at our website to see if you can find any near Bristol. I will ask to see if there are any not yet on the website that may be Bristol based.

WES would be interested to hear of your conclusions regarding the effectiveness of role models, so please do drop me ( <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]) a line when you are done with your thesis.

If WES can help in any way, let me know.

Sarah

Dr Sarah Peers PGCE FWES FRSA MIET
Vice President of  <http://www.wes.org.uk> The Women's Engineering Society