Sarah... Don't you need a reed to make a straw oboe? That might be a little tricky. Love the rockets!

Sophia... The warning about keep away from small hands/mouths will definitely be given. The idea of Science: Adults Only sort of implies its about something else...
And "warning - Danger" etc is the fastest way to get 8 to 12 year old to so *something silly*.

Its something they will grow out of surely (looks in mirror... nope)

Take care,
Will