Hi All

Some of you might be interested in the following and apologies for the fast turn-around:

SMASHfestUK Production Assistant required.

SMASHfestUK is an award winning science communication company based in Deptford South London. We are best known for SMASHfestUK a narrative driven STEAM festival held in Deptford in February. SMASHfestUK concentrates on reaching audiences that are underrepresented and achieves this through community engagement, schools outreach and running festivals and activities in the heart of those very communities.

As well as the February Festival we also run a number of additional projects in areas such as Bradford, Neath, Gloucester and closer to home Colindale and Woolwich. We are a small very dedicated team that deeply believes in the ethos of the company and want to make a difference.
We are looking for a new member to join the team to help out with some of this additional project work. Initially it will be mainly on a particular project but for the right person with flexibility there may be additional work available. The position would be a working with schools and a DBS would be preferable.

We are looking for someone to take on the following:
·        Contacting clients, often schools via phone
·        Developing relationships and arranging meetings with those clients
·        Developing activities
·        Supporting the team as and when required
·        Flexibility and the ability to deal with every day being different
·        Any other duties that might occur and the ability to “muck in”

This is a junior position and we will support and mentor you (if required) within the time-period gaining you valuable experience at the coal face.

The contract we are offering is for 20 to 25 days (depending on experience) for a fee of £2000 to start as soon as possible with an initial completion date at the end of October. For the right person, and with further funding, this could be extended. With the right person and further funding this might be extended. Working days and dates can be flexible, by negotiation, but it is anticipated that the most intense period of work will be towards the end of the contract and this will need to be planned for. Remuneration will be in three tranches with final payment on completion.

If you are interested please send a CV and covering letter (no more than one side A4) to Tobin [log in to unmask] explaining why you would be a suitable candidate. Closing date is midnight Monday 17th July. We will be looking to interview on Thursday  20th July with aim of starting w/c 24th July 2017. Any inquiries please direct towards the same email address. We aim to be as flexible as possible given the tight time frame.

If you would like to develop your skills in science communication production and be part of an energetic, enthusiastic, creative and highly motivated team then this might just be for you!

Kindest regards

Tobin

Tobin May

Brixton Science Communications,
Flat 18,
93 Marmont Road,
Peckham,
SE15 5TL

-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=dG9iaW5tYXk2ODcx

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)