Hi Dafydd,

Have a look at engagement training resources of the NCCPE in Bristol: https://www.publicengagement.ac.uk/

Best,

Kris

From: Public Engagement Network <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Dafydd Iwan Roberts [dir] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 05 July 2017 11:20:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The Engaging Researcher

Dear All

I’d be really interested to make contact with, hear from any here who have an interest in Public Engagement in relationship to their role at university, or independent research organisation, specifically where it pertains to the Concordat to support the Career Development of Researchers (and Vitae’s RDF).

Sorry for the long sentence. And this might mean everyone on the list?

I am a Research development Officer who has been asked to branch out into Researcher Development.  Domain D of the Researcher Development Framework relates to Engagement, Influence and Impact.

I want to consider developing training with and for our Post Docs, as well as how Engagement, Influence and Impact is ‘mainstreamed’ in other activities as well as good practice, works in progress, obstacles and opportunities everyone is facing.

Apologies, this is a bit of a fishing trip and pretty vague, I need to get a feel for best practice and some ideas that I can pursue locally. As I say best practice how it relates t those doing the Researcher Development role.

I’d be even more interested to hook up (virtually) with those in  Wales and S. West Region-but, please feel free to reply from wherever you are,

Thanks!

Dafydd

Dr Dafydd Roberts (MA, PhD, AFHEA)

Swyddog Datblygu Ymchwil (Celfyddydau a’r Dyniaethau)

Research Development Officer (Arts & Humanities)

Ymchwil, Busnes ac Arloesi / Research, Business & Innovation

Prifysgol Aberystwyth / Aberystwyth University
Canolfan Ddelweddu
/ Visualisation Centre
Campws Penglais
/ Penglais Campus
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion  SY23 3BF

Ffon/Tel: 01970 62 8787

Symudol/Mobile: 07969 138128

E-bost/email: [log in to unmask]

www.aber.ac.uk/rbi

Vitaememberlogo

RPWANT TO KNOW HOW TO FUND YOUR RESEARCH?

Aberystwyth University subscribes to

Research Professional :

A comprehensive online database of research funding opportunities.

Learn how to use Research Professional, search for funding opportunities and set up email alerts here

cid:ii_ifnthev60_1505baacfda920ce

RPEisiau gwybod sut i ariannu eich ymchwil?

Mae Prifysgol Aberystwyth yn tanysgrifio i Research Professional :

Cronfa ddata ar-lein gynhwysfawr ar gyfer cyfleoedd ariannu ymchwil.

Dysgwch sut i ddefnyddio Research Professional, chwilio am gyfleoedd ariannu a gosod hysbysiadau yma

Mae Prifysgol Aberystwyth yn elusen gofrestredig  / Aberystwyth University is a registered charity – Rhif / No 1145141

CYFRINACHEDD: Gallai'r e-bost hwn gynnwys gwybodaeth gyfrinachol ac fe allai fod wedi'i ddiogelu yn ôl y gyfraith fel dogfen freintiedig gyfreithiol a gwaith hawlfraint. Ni ddylid datgelu cynnwys yr e-bost ac ni ddylid ei gopïo neu ei roi i unrhyw un heblaw'r unigolyn neu unigolion a enwir neu a gyfeirir atynt uchod. Os ydych chi wedi cael yr e-bost hwn ar gam, cysylltwch â'r sawl a'i anfonodd ar unwaith ym Mhrifysgol Aberystwyth. Diolch yn fawr.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email may contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s) named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately at Aberystwyth University. Thank you.

P  Ystyriwch yr amgylchedd cyn argraffu / Please consider the environment before printing

Un o’r 4 prifysgol uchaf yn y DU a’r orau yng Nghymru am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr.
(Arolwg Cenedlaethol y Myfyrwyr 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Top 4 UK university and best in Wales for student satisfaction
(National Student Survey 2016)