Dear Colleagues,

A new release of ezDyson is now available for download:
http://iopenshell.usc.edu/downloads/ezdyson/

ezDyson is a C++ code that calculates absolute photodetachment/photoionization cross sections, photoelectron angular distributions, and anisotropy parameters using Dyson orbitals computed by an ab initio program. The calculation is based on the following approximations: (1) weak field limit, i.e., the photodetachment or photoionization is treated in a perturbative regime; (2) dipole approximation, i.e., assuming that the wavelength of the radiation field is longer than the size of the molecule and that the process is one-photon (first order in perturbation theory); (3) sudden approximation, i.e., we ignore the interactions between the ejected photoelectron and the remaining core electrons, except an electrostatic interaction that can be accounted for using Coulomb waves; (4) strong orthogonality condition, i.e., the continuum orbital is orthogonal to all states of initial system. We use either plane waves or Coulomb waves to describe the continuum state of the photoelectron.

Version 4.0 of ezDyson introduces a number of new features and improvements. Please refer to the updated manual for detailed theoretical background, instructions on running ezDyson, and a description of ezDyson input and output files.

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html