Thank you to everyone who sent feedback re: my enquiry into Health & Wellbeing spaces in Public Libraries.  A few people were interested in the findings:

·         A number of library authorities have set up Wellbeing Zones/Health Hubs (with variations on the name!) in larger libraries or in other council buildings.

·         Where they have been set up in non-library buildings, small library access points/library collections with self-service have been introduced

·         There has been an attempt by many to acquire external funding e.g. Public Health, Macmillan Cancer Support

·         Desire to make available a free space for health organisations to use as well as for libraries to promote health resources & activities/events

·         Non-clinical space

·         Health stock moved to designated Health & wellbeing area

·         Comfortable & welcoming space

We already have designated Health Information Points in our libraries but as these are on a different floor to where the Health & Wellbeing Area is (and we may not have the room to house everything in the new space) we will be looking at providing a snapshot of our resources and signposting customers to our bigger collections.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sharon Dean

Learning Co-ordinator

Luton Libraries