We don't have a clinical librarian but we do have a registered nurse who is part of our library team.

She is our information skills trainer and she focuses on raising awareness of and providing training for library resources such as DynaMed Plus, Clinical Skills.net, Clinical Key etc and how they can support patient care, CPD and revalidation.

She organises learn over lunch training sessions and 'market stall' exhibitions in our main entrance on a regular basis where she actively engages with the clinical staff.

Along with our clinical skills tutors she is investigating the usefulness of various apps so that we can add to the list Trust approved apps... their practical clinical experience and judgement is invaluable for this.

The library staff pick up the literature searches, requests and enquiries that we receive as a result of her activities and this works very well for us.

I would be very interested to know if any other Trusts have a nurse in the clinical librarian/information skills trainer role so that I can put them in touch.

Best wishes

Joan Lomas | Library Manager
Tel: 01438 285520 | Ext: 5520, Lister

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
Library | Lister hospital | Coreys Mill Lane | Stevenage |

Hertfordshire | SG1 4AB | www.enherts-tr.nhs.uk