From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Josephine L Bailey
Sent: 05 July 2017 16:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Due to new data protection law (GDPR) is more support needed for LIS staff?

***With apologies for cross posting!***

I am looking into data protection and privacy in library and information services.

I am trying to find out what LIS professionals think of data protection – do you think it's important? Do you wish you knew more about it? Do you think it's relevant to you?

There will be some upcoming changes in legislation (GDPR) and I would like to gage whether more support could be offered to staff and how interested, confident or engaged LIS professionals are on data protection and user privacy.

I have made a short survey to gather perspectives and awareness which should take 10 minutes to answer:

https://goo.gl/forms/zRSG1dunpHzp3WJX2

Just to emphasise I'd like to know what everyone thinks even if you think you don't know anything about it!

I am happy to share my findings to the group or individuals if you are interested in the results.

Thanks for reading!

Josephine Bailey