Beautifully put, John!!
My only caveat is that if you acknowledge that we could also be therapeutic
communities there are those that then demonise that phrase - or the
student...
If we have to be therapeutic - it is because either we are perceiving the
student as weak or flawed or fragile in some way - or they are all those
things. And then a whole different conversation emerges - that attempts the
exclude the sensitive and nuanced case that you are making.
I would add to your call for a therapeutic community the call for us to
also be creative, playful and joyful communities!
All the best,
Sandra

--
Sandra Sinfield
University Teaching Fellow

--
London Metropolitan University is a limited company registered in England
and Wales with registered number 974438 and VAT registered number GB 447