Hi Lorenzo,

A z-statistic can be computed from the t-statistic as follows:

1) Take the t-stat and its respective number of degrees of freedom and convert to a p-value using the cumulative distribution function (cdf) of the Student's t distribution. This is available in many different software. In Octave/Matlab for example, it's done with "tcdf".

2) Use the p-value and the inverse cdf of the normal distribution to obtain the corresponding z-statistic. This is also available in many software. In Octave, it's available with "norminv".

That's it.

All the best,

Anderson