My apologies! Looks like the first part of my message didn't get posted. Here it is:

Hi all,

I would ideally like to use fsleyes to render the same type of images for a large number of subjects. I am able to recursively call fsleyes -render , but I would prefer to run a python script in the python shell within the program, rather than call the program again and again. I am using the standalone fsleyes version on a mac.

First, is there a command I can call on the python shell to render images? (equivalent of fsleyes -render)

Additionally, when I load an image and attempt to access overlayList within my script, I get the error: "list index out of range" - as if it hasn't been set (see below for full output). But, when I load the image from the script and then open up the python shell from fsleyes and type in overlayList, my image is loaded and overlayList is accessible. Can someone explain why this might be happening?

Thank you in advance- any pointers would be helpful!